Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A Day at the Park


Today when we finished our day in school, it was almost 50 degrees outside and the sun was shining! Add to that the fact that Sawyer began walking this weekend, there was really only one thing we could do... go to the park.


I discovered that the park has a lot of benefits for me as well! A little Vitamin D goes a long way toward health and happiness (it's soooo good to see the sun again). Walking in circles outside keeps me out of a chair, which is good all the way around. Listening to 4 and 5 year old french children play and talk to one another gives me a healthy level of french to listen to. I can understand about half of what they say Does understanding half of what a 4-year old says make me 2-years old in my new language? If so, I'll take it. 2 years in 2 months isn't bad. Last, the park is a great place to meet adults. Although I did notice that there were a handful of American dads (other language school students who live near us) and then a bunch of French moms. Perhaps married women isn't the demographic I should be going for in new friends... Still, "how old is your son/daughter?" is just about the easiest and most welcomed opening question I've found to meet people here. And of course it's a lot of fun to go to the park, right?


1 comment:

Brady Peters said...

Way to go, Sawyer! You're making friends like it's going out of style! Gosh...he's getting so big.

Love you guys! And I love these updates!