Saturday, August 28, 2010

Happy Birthday to the World's Greatest Gal

In one hour the birthday celebration shall commence. My wife of five years and best friend of a few more turns... a year older tomorrow.

I tell her this often, but sometimes I need to stand on mountains and shout it out. But I've discovered that when I do that no one hears it. The whole tree falling in the woods thing...

So now read this:
In my beautiful wife, God has given me the greatest partner, helpmate, audience, critic, navigator, chef, roommate, fellow student, coworker, spiritual adviser/encourager/'shut-up and take a good hard look at yourself', and mother to my child that I could ever ask for.


She's the glue that holds our family together.
She's the favorite jungle gym in our household for both of her boys.
She finds the inspiration for a lot of what we do and how we live our lives.
She's an artist, a historian, a warrior, and God's gift to our family.

In Proverbs 31 a God-fearing woman who is worthy of praise is described: "She is clothed with strength and dignity, she can laugh at the days to come. She speaks with wisdom and faithful instruction is on her tongue" (v25-26). Add to that the compassion of verse 20 (oh how I wish I could experience compassion and empathy like her, even for a minute). This is my wife. And I love her.


Thank you Jesus, for making her your child and then molding her life together with mine.

Joe Joe, I love you.

6 comments:

Kara Joy said...

We're kinda partial to her too.

Anonymous said...

I agree with eveything you said about Joe Joe. I could, and I have, said the same things about her mother. Mine and Carmen's anniversary was Friday and I thanked the Lord for bringing her into my life. I also gave thanks for the children He provided to us and for lives they have grown up to live. Every thing they are is due to Carmen and the guidance He provided. Her birthday is this Friday, be sure to say a prayer for her.
Dad

Mom Sizemore said...

WOW!!! Michael, If I looked all day I could'nt find a card as wonderful as this is.. You know don't you JoeJoe was our 27th Anniversary gift from God?? Of course she is among the other three gifts from God, and you add the other two(Michael and Sawyer) and thats 6 gifts from God.[of course I must add each other to the list :) LOVE MOMMY

Anonymous said...

Okay, (tear) enough mushy stuff.

I need to point out (not scoldingly), Michael, that you didn't mention that Joe has the best goofiest grin on the planet. I always put that on the list of her most charming qualities. That grin is not only infectious, but it is also the physical showing of her true character...warm, inviting, and loving.

I miss it and you are very blessed to get to see it every day. (hey I said enough mushy stuff, shoot!)

Jenni

Mom Sizemore said...

OOPSS!!!
I goofed, But I guess since I'm goofy thats OK. Cross out that 2
on 27 year anniversary, and put a one there... I woke up last night and said???? Did I put a 2 there?
OH WELL... Love YOU Again...
Mommy

MS said...

Okay, I teared up reading this. --Megan