Friday, March 30, 2012

Carnaval

It's been awhile. My bad.

A couple weeks ago Marseille celebrated Carnaval. It's a festival. It's something in line with Mardi Gras and Lent and all that, but if I tried to claim anymore I'd be lying. All I really know is that Marseille had a parade, and kids going to the parade dress up in costumes. Kids here will dress up in costumes for just about anything. Birthday party at McDonalds? Where's my spiderman suit?! Except Halloween. No one dresses up for Halloween.

Sawyer dressed up as a cowboy. Actually, he didn't really dress up so much. He's been wearing his cowboy hat and bandana almost everyday for the past 2 weeks. He's wearing them right now.

Like any good parade, there were floats.

My favorite was these guys. A riding mower and some sweet moves. I think they were dressed up as West Virginians.

Here's a video to give a better idea of the scene:

Elsie decided to punch out our friend, which was unfortunate.

Why were there people unflatteringly dressed in full-body blue spandex, you ask? They are water droplets, naturally. The theme of the parade/carnival was 'water', following the recent World Water Forum held in Marseille.

Why penguins? I have no idea.

No comments: