Saturday, April 30, 2011

Insert Countryman Short Joke

While waiting in line at a corner convenience store, an old fella behind the counter kept looking at me in an odd way. After the third funny look my way, he turned to a lady and said something to the effect of “they just keep getting taller, every generation bigger than the next!” I didn’t have the heart to tell him that my Americanness makes me much taller than everyone else in the store moreso than my (not so) young age. Then when it was my turn to open my mouth, I made every effort to keep it a secret!

Last night, a French friend joined us for dinner and during our conversation he mentioned that when antibiotics were introduced to France, there was a marked jump in the size of people thereafter. Interesting theory. I wondered if people here were oompa loompas before that.

Someone needs to get some antibodies to our 5’5” French president, Mr. Sarkozy:

No comments: